Mark Ford, Adam Stephens and Henry Shinners of Smith & Williamson LLP were appointed Joint Special Administrators (“the JSAs”) of Reyker Securities Plc (in special administration) (“Reyker”) on 8 October 2019.
For updates on the progress of the Special Administration, together with links to key documents, please refer to the JSAs’ dedicated website www.smithandwilliamson.com/reyker-securities-plc.
You can also access more information at www.fscs.org.uk and https://www.fscs.org.uk/failed-firms/reyker-securities/
- Given several instances of fraudulent communications seeking advance payments from Clients have been reported, we continue to encourage you to remain vigilant and to exercise caution when dealing with correspondence regarding the Special Administration.
- Fraudsters are typically using fake website domain names or email addresses to impersonate Reyker and Smith & Williamson, such as ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ [please note the differing email suffix] or ‘email@example.com’ and may be masking their caller IDs to appear connected to Reyker, Smith & Williamson or other intermediary providers.
- We continue to communicate such approaches to the relevant authorities, including the FCA, and ask Clients to remain vigilant to such fraudulent communications.
- If you are in any doubt regarding the legitimacy of any communication regarding the special administration, please refer to the information provided on the dedicated webpage or contact client services directly on 0800 048 9512 or, alternatively, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information can also be found at https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/protect-yourself-scams.
- If you have lost money as a result of a scam, you should contact Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or visit www.actionfraud.police.uk.
Should you have any queries, the JSAs have a dedicated telephone, website and email address for affected parties. These are:
Telephone: 0800 048 9512
Mark Ford, Adam Stephens & Henry Shinners
Joint Special Administrators
The affairs, business and property of Reyker are being managed by the Joint Special Administrators who act as agents of the Company, without personal liability. Mark Ford, Adam Stephens and Henry Shinners are authorised to act as insolvency practitioners by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. Reyker remains authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA reference number 115308. Registered in England No. 01747595